Introduce Yourself!

How do you partner with God artisticaly?

• Sculpture - or 3 dimensional static visual art

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Food and Hospitality

• Videography

• Fabric

• Total voters

Alice

Administrator
Coach
Hey there! Please let us know who you are, and how you engage with God in the arts. This forum is not just for musicians or painters, although they are welcome as well...but is to explore all the ways that we can partner with God in various creative mediums. Make your choice(s) on the poll - If I have missed something, please let me know, and hopefully I can add it! ;)

Alice

Administrator
Coach
Hello! I've been partnering with God in mixed media paintings for 15+ years. Long before I knew there was such a thing as prophetic art. Although painting is my primary expression, I have a passion to see EVERYONE be able to express themselves in whatever manner God has given them. I'll be starting a class to that end on Kingdom Tribes shortly.

jsmude

I've been playing piano and keyboard since I was a small child. Most of what I know is self-taught as my parents couldn't afford music lessons for me. I remember listening to the radio and then trying to figure out how to play the songs on the radio. Though I am not 'music theory' smart, I have a deep love for playing in the spirit and listening to what Holy Spirit does as we create soaking music.

Lew Curtiss

Coach
Hello everyone, I've been growing into an arts practice with Father God of collage/mixed-media for ten years now. I had for pieces that I did as a comission for Northwest Ekklesia on stage at the conference in July. Father and I are writing the first of three books we have on our radar, The Table of Making. Currently I am in the beginning stages of developing a four-panel work that Father and I are calling the MAGDELA series. If you'd like to follow the progress of the work, here's the link to my art website; https://lcurtiss.weebly.com/studionotes.

Hey there! Please let us know who you are, and how you engage with God in the arts. This forum is not just for musicians or painters, although they are welcome as well...but is to explore all the ways that we can partner with God in various creative mediums. Make your choice(s) on the poll - If I have missed something, please let me know, and hopefully I can add it! ;)
I am Rhoda and I love painting what i see in the Spirit

Hello everyone, I've been growing into an arts practice with Father God of collage/mixed-media for ten years now. I had for pieces that I did as a comission for Northwest Ekklesia on stage at the conference in July. Father and I are writing the first of three books we have on our radar, The Table of Making. Currently I am in the beginning stages of developing a four-panel work that Father and I are calling the MAGDELA series. If you'd like to follow the progress of the work, here's the link to my art website; https://lcurtiss.weebly.com/studionotes.
Interesting art Lew. What do u use water color, acrylic or oil paint?

The background tiles of the paintings are latex house paint thrown onto large sheets of butcher paper. The portrait elements are done in acrylics. The clothing of the figures are made with anything from wallpapers, to wrapping papers, to fabrics. Thanks for stopping by the art site; https://lcurtiss.weebly.com/collagemixed-media.html.
Awesome interested art design . I use acrylic I am trying to learn brush painting, but is not easy

Lew Curtiss

Coach
Rhoda,
It took me a while to grasp this but I bought books by Pam Carricker and Nancy Reyner and both of them taught me bunches as I grew in my use of acrylic paints.` From Carricker I learned a wonderful method of doing mixed-media portraits. From Reyner (I have three of her books on acrylics) I learned how and when to use water or Matte Medium in the work. Reyner used to work for an acrylic paint manufacturer and knows the structural make up of that medium to a tee. Now, I paint with a fair level of confidence when using acrylics because these two instructors are teaching me so much about the media I use.

Alice

Administrator
Coach
Hi Rhoda and Lew! I also work in acrylics. I use them more like watercolors, though with multiple thin layers and a fairly limited palette. It's such a flexible medium!